Terms of Service
Please read this Agreement carefully before accessing or using the Website. By accessing or using any part of the web site, you agree to become bound by the terms and conditions of this agreement. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you may not access the Website or use any services. If these terms and conditions are considered an offer by RCM, acceptance is expressly limited to these terms. The Website is available only to individuals who are at least 13 years old.
1. Description, Purpose, and Responsibility of Website. The Website publishes news and information about musical artists, recordings, and performances in the form of (a) original “articles” and “posts” and (b) information compiled from other sources. In some cases, articles and posts may be accompanied by images that were created for the express purpose of promoting the artists, recordings, and performances described in the article. In other cases, articles and posts may be accompanied by audio-visual clips and excerpts (“media”) from a larger work. Images and media are used in accordance with established and accepted “fair use” provisions reserved for journalists. All promotional images and media remain the property of their owners, and may not be downloaded from this Website and reused for any reason. Notwithstanding the above, RCM agrees to abide by the additional terms set out in item 4, below: Copyright Infringement and Digital Millennium Copyright Act Policy.
2. Responsibility of Website Visitors. RCM has not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, posted to the Website, and cannot therefore be responsible for that material’s content, use or effects. By operating the Website, RCM does not represent or imply that it endorses the material there posted, or that it believes such material to be accurate, useful or non-harmful. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. The Website may contain content that is offensive, indecent, or otherwise objectionable, as well as content containing technical inaccuracies, typographical mistakes, and other errors. The Website may also contain material that violates the privacy or publicity rights, or infringes the intellectual property and other proprietary rights, of third parties, or the downloading, copying or use of which is subject to additional terms and conditions, stated or unstated. RCM disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from the use by visitors of the Website, or from any downloading by those visitors of content there posted.
3. Content Posted on Other Websites. We have not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, made available through the websites and webpages to which TuneTribune.com links, and that link to TuneTribune.com. RCM does not have any control over those non-Tune-Tribune websites and webpages, and is not responsible for their contents or their use. By linking to a non-Tune-Tribune website or webpage, RCM does not represent or imply that it endorses such website or webpage. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. RCM disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from your use of non-Tune-Tribune websites and webpages.
4. Copyright Infringement and DMCA Policy. As RCM asks others to respect its intellectual property rights, it respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that material located on or linked to by TuneTribune.com violates your copyright, you are encouraged to notify RCM in accordance with RCM’s Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) Policy. RCM will respond to all such notices, including as required or appropriate by removing the infringing material or disabling all links to the infringing material. RCM will terminate a visitor’s access to and use of the Website if, under appropriate circumstances, the visitor is determined to be a repeat infringer of the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of RCM or others. In the case of such termination, RCM will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid to RCM.
5. Intellectual Property. This Agreement does not transfer from RCM to you any RCM or third party intellectual property, and all right, title and interest in and to such property will remain (as between the parties) solely with RCM. RCM, The American Tune Tribune, TuneTribune.com, the American Tune Tribune logo, and all other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with TuneTribune.com, or the Website are trademarks or registered trademarks of RCM or RCM’s licensors. Other trademarks, service marks, graphics, and logos used in connection with the Website may be the trademarks of other third parties. Your use of the Website grants you no right or license to reproduce or otherwise use any RCM or third-party trademarks.
6. Changes. RCM reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or replace any part of this Agreement. It is your responsibility to check this Agreement periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to the Website following the posting of any changes to this Agreement constitutes acceptance of those changes. RCM in the future may also offer new services and/or features through the Website (including, the release of new tools and resources). Such new features and/or services shall be subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
7. Termination. RCM may terminate your access to all or any part of the Website at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately. If you wish to terminate this Agreement or your TuneTribune.com account (if you have one), you may simply discontinue using the Website. All provisions of this Agreement which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
8. Disclaimer of Warranties. The Website is provided “as is”. RCM hereby disclaims all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. RCM makes no warranty that the Website will be error free or that access thereto will be continuous or uninterrupted. You understand that you download from, or otherwise obtain content or services through, the Website at your own discretion and risk.
9. Limitation of Liability. In no event will RCM be liable with respect to any subject matter of this agreement under any contract, negligence, strict liability or other legal or equitable theory for: (i) any special, incidental or consequential damages; (ii) the cost of procurement or substitute products or services; (iii) for interruption of use or loss or corruption of data; or (iv) for any amounts that exceed the fees paid by you to RCM under this agreement during the twelve (12) month period prior to the cause of action. RCM shall have no liability for any failure or delay due to matters beyond their reasonable control. The foregoing shall not apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
11. Indemnification. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless RCM, its contractors, and its licensors, and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of your use of the Website, including but not limited to your violation of this Agreement.
12. Miscellaneous. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between RCM and you concerning the subject matter hereof, and they may only be modified by a written amendment signed by an authorized executive of RCM, or by the posting by RCM of a revised version. Except to the extent applicable law, if any, provides otherwise, this Agreement, any access to or use of the Website will be governed by the laws of the state of New Jersey, U.S.A., excluding its conflict of law provisions, and the proper venue for any disputes arising out of or relating to any of the same will be the state and federal courts located in Middlesex County, New Jersey. Except for claims for injunctive or equitable relief or claims regarding intellectual property rights (which may be brought in any competent court without the posting of a bond), any dispute arising under this Agreement shall be finally settled in accordance with the Comprehensive Arbitration Rules of the Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Service, Inc. (“JAMS”) by three arbitrators appointed in accordance with such Rules. The arbitration shall take place in New Brunswick, New Jersey, in the English language and the arbitral decision may be enforced in any court. The prevailing party in any action or proceeding to enforce this Agreement shall be entitled to costs and attorneys’ fees. If any part of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, that part will be construed to reflect the parties’ original intent, and the remaining portions will remain in full force and effect. A waiver by either party of any term or condition of this Agreement or any breach thereof, in any one instance, will not waive such term or condition or any subsequent breach thereof. You may assign your rights under this Agreement to any party that consents to, and agrees to be bound by, its terms and conditions; RCM may assign its rights under this Agreement without condition. This Agreement will be binding upon and will inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and permitted assigns.